Contact me for sales or commissions

elenasteers@gmail.com

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Figs in a silver dish



I have been waiting for figs to be available in the shops and so have taken loads of photos to keep me going through the winter - a bit like storing food for times of famine!! They are so enticing with their seemingly dull skins, although on closer inspection a riot of purples, and the startling oranges and reds of their flesh. I have had my eye on this silver dish in the antique shop for a few weeks and finally decided to get it for its simple elegant lines. I also managed to pick up several shiny silver things in the charity shops in Topsham - I am turning into quite a magpie.

I am not entirely sure about the black background and may yet change it. I am awaiting advice from my Wetcanvas fellow artists.

2 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful painting, the black paper is great choice always for pastel work.I would enrich the hues on the reflections of the table on the dish.Otherwise is lovely as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Elena this is beautiful painting. I would like to have it. Even I have place on my wall where to put it.
    Interesting blog you have!

    ReplyDelete